Peanuts by Intelligent Fixings
Self-clamping, incredibly strong furniture connectors. Peanut connectors simplify and speed up furniture assembly.
Their discreet appearance is a huge advantage for manufacturing cabinets with a modern minimalist design, where unobtrusive hardware is valued. The incredibly strong clamping force also improves overall cabinet and furniture quality.
In the world of furniture manufacturing, every detail matters. A new product revolutionising cabinet and furniture construction is the Peanut connector. Available from Jacks, these unassuming yet highly eﬀective furniture connectors are set to become an essential tool in the arsenal of modern cabinetmakers.
Peanut connectors offer a host of advantages that speed-up and simplify the assembly process, reduce material costs, improve the overall quality of cabinetry, and deliver a more contemporary slim-line look. Let's explore these connectors and the numerous beneﬁts they bring to the table.
What Are Peanut Connectors?
Peanut Connectors are small, one-piece dome headed fasteners with a toothed barb. The toothed barb is inserted into part A, while the head of the peanut locates into a pre-milled keyhole slot in part B. As parts A and B are slid together the combined profile of the domed head and keyhole slot cause the two parts to self-clamp from the inside creating an extremely strong connection. Their simplistic yet ingenious design allows for fast and eﬃcient assembly while delivering super strong constructed furniture and cabinetry.
Advantages of Peanut Cabinet Connectors:
- Easy Assembly: One of the most significant advantages of Peanut furniture connectors is their ease of use. Unlike traditional methods that rely on screws, cams, or adhesives, Peanut connectors require minimal skill and tools to align and join components together. This simplicity not only speeds up the assembly process but also reduces the skill level required and potential for errors, making them ideal for professional cabinetmakers.
- Strong and Reliable: Peanut Connectors are engineered to provide a strong and dependable connection. Their unique design ensures that components stay firmly in place, reducing the risk of loosening over time. This structural integrity enhances the longevity and durability of cabinets, ensuring they withstand the test of time.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The discreet nature of Peanut Connectors oﬀers a cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing look compared to visible screws and cams. This streamlined appearance is particularly advantageous for cabinets with a modern minimalist design, where clean lines and unobtrusive hardware are highly valued.
- Disassembly and Reassembly: In the event that cabinets need to be ﬂat-packed for easier and more cost-eﬀective delivery, cabinets can be quickly disassembled in the workshop and reassembled again onsite.
- Cost-Efficiency: Peanut Connectors are cost-eﬀective as they are a small yet ingenious 1 piece connector. Time saved at the assembly area not only speeds up assembly but makes it far easier therefore reducing the required skill level and eliminating the need of power tools. Professional cabinetmakers can also take advantage of the significant savings in board as with Peanut Connectors, there is no need to put decorative boxes around carcass boxes.
Peanut Furniture connectors are an ingenious and invaluable addition to the world of cabinet and furniture construction. Their ease of use, structural integrity, aesthetic appeal, and cost-efficiency make them a go-to choice for professional cabinetmakers looking to streamline their assembly process and enhance the quality of their products. As we continue to seek innovative solutions in furniture and cabinet manufacturing, Peanut Connectors stand out as a clever example of how a simple yet well-designed component can have a signiﬁcant impact on the industry.
Peanut connectors are available now from Jacks in 3 types.
Peanut 1 ideal for use with nesting CNC’s as no edge drilling is required.
Peanut 2’s are completely hidden connectors and recommended for use in solid timber.
Peanut 3’s are completely hidden connectors and recommended for use in cabinetry.